Friday, February 09, 2007

Lock 'em up tight!

Hello...
I was just browsing one of my favourite websites, Penny Arcade, when I came across something....well....amusing. Apparently, FOX News Milwaukee did a report on the horrors and potential raping of your beloved children - all throught the NINTENDO DS.
Dun dun DUN!!!
You see, the DS has a built-in program called Pictochat. Pictochat is fun, silly, and for all-intensive purposes, a mini-MSN chat room. It will automatically seek out other happy DS' to connect with.
Good times to be had by all.
Now, what this report is saying is that child molesters can use this nice little feature to "lure" your children away, as mention before, for potential raping, among other things. o_O;;;
Give me a fucking break.
I WORK at an EB Games. It's part of my job to make sure that the customer knows as much about the product as necessary, for fun, safety, and cost. Why are parents so worried? In today's day and age, where wireless communication is a part of everyday life, shouldn't you have taught your kids a while ago, back a few years when MSN was becoming really popular, to BE CAREFUL? It's common sense. I mean, I'm 21. I would be weirded out if someone comes into my chatroom and starts asking me for my address, personal info and measurements.
Mom, Dad, take some responsibility. The world is not NEARLY as dangerous as FOX News makes it out to be.
"Will leaving the house make your child vulnerable to child molesters? Find out at 11."
No kidding, PA.
Take care,
Cady

No comments: