Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Prepping for the colder season

Hello, everyone.
Muah ha ha....rejoice on all souls night - it's Hallowe'en!
I feel bad that I don't have much spirit...I dunno. Maybe it's because I'm not much of a party person, or that I'm a broke-ass mo-fo. :D Hallowe'en booze are pricey....*_*
Just got another scene signed off....so let's see - that's....six signed off out of....what....18? All-nighters for me....:P
Now, on a more comforting note, since over here in Vancouver/Burnaby we're breaking weather records, I figure it's time to prep ourselves accordingly. It's gotten alarmingly and unseasonably cold recently, so over the last couple of weekends, I've been cooking. Honestly, with my time and money budget, finding recipes that you can make that's cheap, healthy and plentiful is great.
So, for those of you just stopping by, here's a "Cady-fied" version of a wonderful chili con carne (with meat). The whole things costs about....I'd say six bucks to make, is healthy, filling, easy to make, AND freezes well. Oh, and did I mention unbelievably tasty? Don't believe me? Give it a shot.

Chili Con Carne - Cady-style

No comments: